Save money, sit back and relax, while someone else does the driving.
Transit can save you money on gas, car maintenance and parking fees. Even if you can’t use transit for commuting every day, consider using it once or twice a week, or for business meetings, errands and non-commute travel.
Fixed-Route Transit Services
There are many different fixed-route transit agencies serving six counties within FDOT District One. These include:
- Collier Area Transit (CAT), Maps, (239) 252-7777
- Lee County Transit (LeeTran), Maps, (239) LEE-TRAN (533-8726)
- Manatee County Area Transit (MCAT), Maps, (941) 767-8621
- Citrus Connection: Lakeland Area Mass Transit, Winter Haven Area Transit & Polk County Transit Services, Maps, 855-POLKBUS (765-5287)
- Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT), Maps, (941) 861-5000
- Clewiston to Belle Glade Community Bus Route (Clew-Belle Express) (239) 768-2900
- Charlotte County Transit Services, 941-575-4000
Paratransit (non-fixed route) Transit Services
Paratransit services offer an on-demand flexible mode of alternative travel. They are often operated by public transit agencies, community groups or not-for-profit organizations. The following links provide direction as to application process
- Charlotte County Dial-A-Ride and Sunshine Ride, (941) 575-4000
- Manatee County Paratransit, Handy Bus, (941) 747-1739
- Polk County Paratransit, 855-POLKBUS (765-5287)
- Sarasota County Pararansit, SCAT Plus, (941) 861-5000
- Lee County Paratransit, ADA Passport, (239) 533-0300
- Collier Area Paratransit, (239) 252-7272
Commuter Services can work with your employer to improve a transit program at your worksite. Federal subsidies may be available to help lower monthly transit-pass costs. Take a look at the Florida DOT Public Transit Office website for maps and fares.