Unhealthy levels of particle pollution can peak at any time throughout the year and at any time of the day. Particle pollution can be just as high indoors as it is outdoors.
Clean Air Florida recommends:
- Use Public Transportation
- Conserve Electricity
- Use Energy Efficient Products
- Maintain heating and Air Conditioning units
- Maintain your Vehicle
- Shop by Phone, Mail, or Internet
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Teleconference and Telework
- Plant native trees & shrubs
- Keep your Neighborhood Smoke Free
As air quality changes, people respond in different ways. Florida’s Air Quality System site provides air quality information throughout the day to allow you to make better informed decisions for daily activities. High concentrations of ozone or particle pollution, like other pollutants, may cause damage to human health. Florida currently meets all national ambient air quality standards.